- This event has passed.
1000 Women One Voice
May 12, 2016 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join Platinum sponsor Wendy Ackerman and become an Ambassador for 1000 Women 1 Voice Initiative
• One out of every four women in South Africa is in an abusive relationship.
• Every six days a woman in South Africa is murdered by her intimate partner.
• Every 25 seconds a woman or girl is raped in South Africa.
These shocking statistics are not new to us, because every time we read a newspaper or turn on the television, we are made aware of the escalating level of abuse towards women and girls that takes place in our communities every day. We are calling all South Africans to stand together and speak out.
Since 2004, we have been mobilizing “1000 Women to Unite against Domestic Violence” in Cape Town. This initiative is worth remembering, with 1000 women standing together against domestic violence. Now, in 2016 you are invited to join the 10th Networking Opportunity in Cape Town on 12th May 2016.
About the initiative
The flagship event of the 1000 Women 1 Voice Initiative is a luncheon that will take place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre on 12th May 2016. This exciting event offers inspiring speakers, wonderful entertainment, a great goody bag, and wonderful networking opportunities.
We mobilize resources to provide access to skills, leadership capacity building and provide seed funding to women-led organisations.
“Being one of the founding members of the 1000 Women 1 Voice, I believe every South African should get involved in this initiative.
Join me and make yourself heard! .” Wendy Ackerman Trustee of 1000 Women Trust.
How can YOU get involved?
• Donate to the 1000 Women Trust and provide funds for grants that support projects working with violence against women.
• Make sure your Company invests in this project. Donate R10 000 and we will ensure your branding is visible at the event. Cape Town on 12 May 2016, our elite Networking opportunity. (Rights package attached.
• Become an Ambassador – donate R1000 and make your voice heard.